Your Car, Your Choice!ABAC has fought long and hard to ensure consumers have the right to select the repair shop of their choice. Don’t let this right be stripped away by a pushy insurance adjustor!
- You have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular shop. It says so on your insurance card.
- You are not required by law to obtain more than one estimate or appraisal at the request of an insurance company.
- Choose a shop that has certifications such as I-CAR or ASE and are affiliated with trusted organizations such as ABAC, AAA, Better Business Bureau, etc.
- Ask if the shop will be using genuine manufacturer (OEM) replacement parts.
- Ask if the shop offers a repair warranty.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If you’re not sure why one estimate is different from another you’ve received, please ask your body shop to explain.
- A professional body shop will help you handle your claim with the insurance company.
- Some insurance companies may want you to visit their drive-in claims center before having your car repaired. You can do this, or you may leave your car at your shop and ask that the insurance company inspect the car there.
- Never drive a car that could be unsafe because of damages.
- Your car is the second largest investment you’re likely to make. Preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally.
Have more questions or concerns? Click here to contact us.